Sunday, November 9, 2008

Week 2

What an insane week with finals and elections. You should have seen me Tuesday night trying to keep my left eye fixed on CNN and my right eye on my lesson plan! Talk about multi-tasking.

I found it very interesting after Obama was declared the winner, that most commentators mentioned his success had much to do with how he embraced the idea of using technology in his campaign. I participated in his campaign and was amazed by how easy it was to volunteer by downloading canvassing instructions and a list of undecided voters in my neighborhood. I didn't even have to go to the campaign office. His website and "Barack TV" made it easy for people to watch speeches and listen to his ideas. He also got to voters through YouTube and Facebook. It is clear that our next president understands digital natives and as teachers we may need to follow in his footsteps!

No comments: