Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Me gustan las llamas!


My name is Jillian Perez and I am a MATE student at Concordia University. I grew up on Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I graduated from Wheelock College in Boston with a degree in Human Development and a concentration in Child Life Therapy. My Child Life practicum brought me out to Oregon when I worked as a therapist at Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland.

I recently returned from living in Bolivia as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I was a volunteer with the Integrated Education project. During my service, I collaborated with my community to build a small public library. I also organized teacher trainings on using gender equality, health, self-esteem and the environment in the classroom.

During my time in Bolivia, I grew a deep appreciation for the education field. In the future I hope to become a second grade teacher. I have an interest in Bilingual Education, teaching English language learners and integrating yoga in the classroom.

I also have a deep appreciation for llamas! To me their wool represents the many beautiful layers the Bolivian people possess.

No comments: